Friday, March 25, 2011

An evening of musica

The language of music is as universal as mathematics..cultures around this planet all share something so beautiful with the power of percussion. I had the pleasure and honor of sharing my drum with the community of Mariposa and their hometown band. The joy I felt while performing for my classmates and this generous tribe of cousins has still left me without words, this trip in general has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. The first sound we ever hear is the rhythm of our own mother's heart beat while we are in the womb. That kind of connection to the drum and all of the people that were there for the evening was something I know everyone felt. I am so grateful for the chance to share a piece of my history with everyone and be an opening act for the coolest Nicaraguan band ever! I'm gonna sing so loud that my new hermanos will hear me the next time I perform with my drum group...mucho gracias, kci woliwon to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment